Sunday, July 27, 2014

Postcards From Gaza 2040 (May 1st)

Postcards From Gaza 2040 (May 1st)

Hi Bob and Marie,
By the time you get this we'll be in Barcelona my favorite
European city, and soon back in Ecuador.

As the photo shows the beach is spectacular. Went
for a dip last night and this morning. I'll be 10 pounds
heavier before I leave here. You've no idea of how
delicious and wonderful Palestinian food is.

I can't get enough of Falafel, tabouli, hummus,
Baba Ghanoush, Mahshi dishes. The Pita bread
is light years better than the ones I made in Vermont!!
I'm a sucker for Baklawa (Baklava) and coffee. Mint
and also sage tea at night.

We are headed to the Nakba Memorial this afternoon.
Yet, as I write this the Mayor of Jerusalem and the President
of Palestine Israel (that was the compromise they worked out)
are both Palestinian. Both Palestinians and Jews voted them
in in a landslide vote.

Tonight we're are going to an Israeli Palestinian restaurant
that I've heard lots about. Being here reminds me of Ireland
in some ways; the people are very nice, and the police don't
carry weapons. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment